Monday, February 8, 2016

February 8, 2016- Trapped in Glenwood Springs!

Hello world!

So, first off, I apologize for not sending a letter last week. We were short on time because we were headed to Glenwood Springs to play basketball with some other missionaries. It was snowing pretty heavily on the way there, but our car handled the roads pretty well. And then...they closed I-70. So, we got to stay the night with the Glenwood Springs Elders. So, that was exciting.

Other than that, we had another pretty slow week here in Rifle. We are still meeting with Jordan, and he is doing great. Juan and Mary have gone radio silent, and we're pretty sure they're out of town, because their house has been dark and their car is gone.

We had most of our appointments this week fall through, so we've just been doing our best to keep ourselves busy.

But something cool that I should've included in my email last week if we didn't get stranded. We got another companion! So, we are in a trio now! So, it's me, Elder Vaka, and Elder Tautui. We're gonna translate the entire town of Rifle. Just wait on it. :)

Other than that, we have been trying to find new investigators, mainly focusing on working on members. So far our tracting efforts have been unsuccessful, since pretty much the whole town has been tracted out. Both our Ward Mission Leader and our Bishop have been awesome in trying to find people for us to teach, so that has been great.

Other than that, not much going on. We're just still doing missionary work and doing our best to keep busy. I love you all! Thank you so much for all your support you give me!

-Elder Hanley
My comps!

And my new haircut, in a cheesy mirror selfie straight from Middle School

No comments:

Post a Comment