Monday, January 25, 2016

January 25, 2016- A Slow Week in Rifle

Hello world! How is everything going?

Shout-out to Kara, a.k.a. Sister Haven, who has received her mission call to Ogden, Utah!

Like the title implies, this week has been very slow. For one, because I have been kind of sick this past week, and for another because people keep cancelling on us. So, it's been pretty slow.

We had a Broadcast on Wednesday which was sent out to all missionaries throughout the world, and it was really good! It focused on working with members in our work, and on loving the people. It was cool, because that's what Elder Vaka and I have been focusing on this transfer, so it was cool to see some advice on how best to do that by our living apostles.

We are still working with Jordan, and he is doing great! He is set to be baptized on February 20th! So, we're mainly meeting with him a few times a week to uplift him and help him be as ready as possible. As for Juan, Mary, and Christian, they are doing great! We taught them the Word of Wisdom this last time we met with them, and they had absolutely no problem accepting it. It was amazing! And Mary officially will be able to come to church next week, so we're hoping to see all three of them at Church!

We officially have Spanish Elders in Rifle now. So, that'll be good, since before, the Hermanas in Glenwood would only come up a couple times a week. But it's good to see that we'll have some Elders close-by to work with the Spanish speakers here.

We picked up dinner from a member the other day, and on the way back: Horses. We saw 5 horses wandering on their own down the road. So, someone is missing 5 horses. We felt sympathetic, but they're horses. What are we supposed to do?

Thank you all so much for all the support you give me from home! Seriously, it's the best! I love you all, and I will talk to you all next week!

-Elder Hanley

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sister Haven and congratulations on your call! To Ogden? How cool is that?! What a unique and wonderful place and opportunity for you to serve. I appreciate the work you're doing on this blog as well. I've been following for a while and appreciate the quick updates. My son was also called to the CDS mission, so I was interested to see how Elder Hanley was doing on his mission. I knew at some point they would see each other and probably serve together, but I didn't realize it would be so soon! You see, those "Spanish Elders" that Elder Hanley mentions...one of them is my son! :D I know right! Our son's blog is; elderzimmermanlopez.blogspot.com Anyway, I'd love to share other news with you, but not here in a comment area. If you don't mind, please contact me at shaunzimmerman@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete